Re: Canvas smooth lines?

> >  Hi, I'm wondering if it is OK to touch the head branch of gnome-libs
> >  to implement the smooth canvas lines (in gnome_canvas_line_point)?
> >  I assume that the smooth_steps would cover the whole polyline (or would
> >  it be only one segment)?
>
> If you want to do this, please do it as closely as possible as Tk does
> it.  Basically it creates parabolic splines for each group of three
> points.
>
> If you implement this, would you mind if I take a look at the patch
> before putting it on cvs?

Included below. This doesn't do closed splines yet but they shouldn't
be too difficult to add. I hope the way I did it is not too horrible.

I probably have forgotten something - the important change is the
addition of the orig_coords and orig_numpoints fields which are
what the user gave - for non-smoothed lines, coords and numpoints are
assigned the same values, for smoothed ones, coords and numpoints are
generated.

	Tuomas