RE: Latest RPM Install Crashes

The lockup problem itself appears to be a problem with either E or Gmc.  Supposedly
this is being investigated by the folks at RHAD Labs.  :-)

In regards to switching to console and having X get killed, are you by any chance
running the FrameBuffer driver version of X?  I seem to recall it having a tendency
to lock up when switching to virtual terminals.  At least it did it frequently
with my system.  :)