Re: Some questions...

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, St0rM wrote:
> I have some stupid question for you...Hope someone has a little time for me.

Hi.  They aren't stupid questions.

> - How i can modify the Gnome-menu in the main panel? I hate to have
>   two menus, one 'base' and one 'user'...There is a way to have only
>   one?

The gmenu command will edit the menus (i.e. it will edit the contents
of "System Menus" or "User Menus").  If you don't like the separate
menus, right click on the Foot and select "Properties...".  You can
take System, User, AnotherLevel and/or Debian, and enable, move to a
submenu or disable them.

> - I'm enjoying in building RPM's from tarball of gnome
>   components...I tried to modify the groups where GNOME components
>   in inserted...I've used one groups X11/GNOME and make subgroups,
>   like KDE do...Someone have suggestion on how i can organize these
>   groups?

I'm not sure I understand this question.  Are you talking about the
menu organization?  Or about user groups?  Or something else entirely?

> And someone knows how to make a specfile from a Makefile that have
> "make - make install" faster that make it by hand?

Nope, currently making it by hand is the fastest way I know of.  If
you are going to play with RPM's, make sure you read Maximum RPM by Ed
Bailey.  It's available from good bookstores, or freely downloadable
in Postscript or LaTeX form from http://www.rpm.org.  It has many good
tips on making RPM's easier and more consistant.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef