Re: Q to GMC developers (I already posted it into the bugreportsystem as a wishlist)

>  I think  generation of the  thumbnails is not the  thing mc must  do. It
>  could be enough, if mc can use the xv or ee generated thumbnails.
>
>  Btw.  make-thumb is  not compiled  by default.  I cannot  understand the
>  source code clearly,  but as I see, it stores thumbnails  in a temporary
>  dir. Will  the thumbnails  generated every time  I access  the specified
>  dir? If not, how it is working?

The make-thumb program loads the image, scales it down, and saves it
as a PNG image stored in the file's metadata.  The idea is that image
manipulation programs like the GIMP will create such data when saving
their own images.

It would not be terribly hard to extend mc to handle xvpics or eepics
or such abominations, but I'm not sure I would like to have that code
in there :-)  Metadata is the right way to do it.

(In any case, it should be easy to write a little program that takes
xvpics or eepics and saves them as metadata information).

  Federico