Re: Solaris7 X86 - ./configure options for GTK+-1.2.0

sanitation wrote:
> I've managed to get the whole 9 yards working - Gnome and E, but only
> after using the --disable-shm switch wherever applicable. Even tho it
> compiles fine without this, things just die on execution. X server
> breaks, etc. Am I missing something obvious in kernel settings (like
> shmseg = ???) or is this the only way to get things going?

You might try to put this in /etc/system:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 0x2000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 0x1000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 0x100

It will take effect after reboot. Or you can change the values on a live
kernel with adb, but I haven't tried it.
That will increase various shared memory limits. The default ones on
Solaris are very low. Let me know if it helps.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.