Re: a question of pronunciation

Supposedly it's Guh-NohME, but I refuse to pronounce it that way. GNU is
pronounced Guh-NEW, and it's not a new thing. It's always been that way.
I've never quite understood why GNOME (or anything else) should have a
mangled pronunciation (which is more difficult to pronounce than the
correct pronunciation of the word) just to pay tribute to another word,
and especially when the word given tribute is part of the acronym. I'll
continue to pronounce GNOME as NohME (iow, the original and correct
pronunciation of the word =) so long as the project exists, and I'll
continue to pronounce GNU as Guh-NEW (iow, the original and correct
pronunciation of the word =), and I'll not make a freak hybrid word that's
spelled correctly but pronouned incorrectly.

=)

Cody