Re: a question of pronunciation

: I just want to point out that anybody who sees the name is going to pronounce
: it nohme...even if people know they should pronounce it guh-nome most will
: still say nohme because it's easier and more pleasing to the ear.  Why fight
: it?

I'm pretty sure the reason it's Guh-nome is because the GNU project is
pronounced Guh-nu. People have been saying GNU wrong for years, that's
no reason to knuckle under and change the name. By that rationale we
should all be running Win95. ;-)

       - A