Re: Diff files, gnome-session

Spud wrote:

> 1) How does one patch a source tree with a diff file? I am trying to patch
> /var/tmpgnome-core-1.0.1/ with a diff file that is in /var/tmp...

put the diff into the top level source dir, cd there and try

    patch < diff-file-name   or  cat diff-file-name | patch
                             or zcat diff-file-name | patch  if compressed.

If it complains about not finding the file to patch, use

    patch -p1 ....

this strips the first component of paths specified in the diff. If you look
into the diff you should see, what is necessary.

Henning