Re: GNOME and geometry specifications

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Spud wrote:

>     I have never used fvwm2, and I run enlightenment. I know that in
> Enlightenment, one can click the title bar of a window and there are about
> 10 diff. things to tell the WM to remember about windows position, such as
> all attributes, size, position, etc...

yeah, but i'm much less concerned with stored session management positioning
than i am with initial geometry specifications.  i want to be able to type
"some-gnome-app -geometry +224+9" and have the application window show up at
+224+9.  there does not appear to be any way to do this with any existing
gnome applications, and that makes no sense to me.  specifying geometry hints
is not a bizarre thing in my world.

jim

+ Jim Stewart
+ http://www.fweep.com/