RE: Super User Launcher

Fox, Kevin M writes:
> Would it be better to just keep the password in memory, I hate the idea of
> having root passwords lieing around...

What is this preoccupation with the root password?  Make the gui
setuid root, and then have root read only files which list the users,
and the programs which these users may actually run as root.  This
would involve some sort of login as root to setup the intial
configuration.  Look at the source for sudo or runas...