Re: enlightenement and windowmaker support

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 04:21:43PM +0100, Preben Randhol was heard to say:

> Yes perhaps it depends :-)
>
> But what I would like first if a MUCH smaller memory
> footprint. Currently gtop says that :
>
> panel           uses:  4400 K
> gnomepager_appl uses:  3264 K
> gen_util_applet uses:  3204 K
>
> and I was wondering why my machine had begun to swap lately !
>
> is this really necessary ?? It sounds awfully bloat to me.
>

> wmaker       uses currently 2236K
> and mysqld (3 threads) uses 2592K

  Check your memory stats again, they may all be using the same 3M of memory.
   ;-)

  Oh, and Havoc: if you're listening, while searching the Debian mail archives
I found a message where you managed to express something that's been annoying
me very succinctly.  Would you have any objection if I add it to my signature
rotation?

  Here it is:

--
  " 'Too political' is invariably a code-word for 'I disagree for reasons which
   I don't care to defend' "

      -- Havoc Pennington