Gnome Core

Hi!

I've browsed through the FAQ and the Gnome Mailing list archive, but so far
I've been unable to find any solution to the problem I'm experienceing.

I'm compiling the Gnome 1.0 source tarballs on a Slackware 3.5 system.
Kernel version 2.2.3
Glib/GTK version 1.2.0
Orbit version 0.4

I'm compiling as root. The Gnome libs compile OK, with the exception of a
segfault when running "make install" in the gnome-data directory. That
problem was solved by installing some components manually.

Gnome-core, however, crashes when it comes to the help-browser. Compilation
stops with the following message:
"execvp: ../idl/help-browser.idl: permission denied"

Now, I'm guessing this might be an Orbit problem. I've reinstalled Orbit,
checked that all the IDL files in /usr/local ar up to date, checked and
rechecked file permissions... Basicly, I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me out here?

---[ Erik Gjertsen       ]
---[ IT-Akademiet Bergen ]