Re: Unknown library 'applets'

In article <000301be6ce8$77a3f980$453113d0@vodon.jetlink.net> you wrote,

>However,
>when trying to compile anything like libgtop, ee, balsa, gEdit and the like,
>the configure
>script tells me:
>"unknown library 'applets'"
>
>Why would this happen? I have compiled everything in order according to
>instructions

There were mails sent about this a while ago. The message is due to the
macro GNOME_APPLETS_LIBS defined in gnome.m4, if I understand. I don't
know, however, what it is there for. 'configure' seems to look for a lib
such as libapplets, which dosen't exist. What I can tell is that, as
somebody already pointed out, it dosen't seem to be fatal for the build
itself.

Moreover, changes seem to have been made in CVS, as last time I compiled
gnome stuff, I didn't see the message.