Re: Root Permissions

"Jesse D . Sightler" wrote:

> Ever heard the word... Security?  :)  Somehow I suspect that this would
> be very difficult to do in a fully secure manner.

Especially since adding the user to the "disk" group solves all the
problems mentioned.

I personally don't like the idea of a root session running constantly.
In addition, what if said applet crashes? Does it crash the box? Or
worse, does it leave the session open? All these are problems which the
unix developers of lore fixed long ago. I would like apps which need
root permissions to ask for them/prompt for them, but keeping a root
session running or keeping the root password unencrypted in memory or a
temp file doesn't seem like a good idea.