Re: egcs problem

James Green wrote:

> I've now successfully installed gtk+-1.2.0 from the tarballs
> (/finally/).
>
> I have progressed through the gnome-tarball installation page on the
> gnome website, and have installed egcs from the tarball, it works from
> the command line too.
>
> Unfortunately, the gnome-objc configure doesn't see egcs. In

What do you mean with 'doesn't see' ? On my system egcs is installed as gcc.
I think, configure looks for gcc or cc, and so it finds it.

> /etc/ld.so.conf I have things like /usr/local /usr/local/lib and so
> forth.

These paths are only for finding libraries, not compilers.

> Any ideas please?
>
> [ note that I don't want rpms ]

Me too (I'm using cvs whenever possible)

Henning

--
  H. Henning Vossieck - h.vossieck@ndh.net - http://www.ndh.net/home/vossieck/
   49 2291 3010/6519