Re: [christiqua yahoo dk: Look at KDE]

On 12 Mar, Mike Palczewski scribbled:
->
->  >
->  > I can only second this -- they not only respect their panel/taskbar when
->  > it comes to maximizing ("so do we"), but kwm resizes maximized windows,
->  > when the panel geometry changes, e.g. I "configure" the panel to be on the
->  > left instead of on the top, the "new" panel takes place and all maximized
->  > windows adapt to the new screen geometry (no, they still don't seem to
->  > support simple dragging around of the panel -- kudos, George :-)
->  >
->  > What's also nice in KDE is that the desktop icons stay in some "secure"
->  > distance off the panel(s), here (gmc-4.5.24) my top most icon get's lost
->  > below my top panel, maybe there is some way for the WM to let applications
->  > (in this case gmc) now "stay off this and that area on the root window"
->  > (ideally this would work dynamically, e.g. I move my panel and the icons
->  > get moved automatically -- yeah, make this configurable)?
->
->
->  icewm already does all if not most of this stuff.  its not a gnome thing
->  its more of a wm thing.

E does this too - with windows it has a choise of positioning and
resizieng - this is a gmc issue ad gcm explicitly asks to have icons
placed at certain X,Y co-ordinates.

->  > > We need to work some more on window manager hints,
->  > > and don't let the windowmanager independence be a
->  > > disadvantage.
->  > >
->  > > Now we're at the windowmamager things, I really think
->  > > that there should be an option in enlightenment
->  > > to turn of the theme menues and use GTK menues instead.
->  >
->
->  I think he means to integrate enlightenment with gtk. so that the menus
->  that pop up look like the rest of the menus.

and that isnt' going to happen :) you can infact theme E's menus to
look EXACTLY like gtk menus if you want - the Clean theme ones simply
match the borders - not gtk.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com