Re: Installing gnome on RedHat5.2

"Khalid S. Al-Khater" wrote:

> I have unpacked the gnome rpms and followed the instructions on how to start
> gnome using the .Xclients ile which I created in /root (i'm root) but there is
> no file called gnome-session
>
>  What am I doing erong?
>
> --
> Khalid S. AL-Khater

Well, first off, you shouldn't be running as root, if X crashes, it'll
take your system with it -- run as a normal user. Chances are
gnome-session is in either /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin, so make sure that
it's in your $PATH variable (edit /etc/profile, and put it in).

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals
     are more equal than others."