Re: gdm

Hi,

Here is how I did it with the help of kind folks on gnome-list on RedHat 5.2
and gnome-1.0 RPMS.

Edited the run level 5 on /etc/inittab to

x:5:respawn:/usr/bin/gdm

Then copied /etc/pam.d/xdm to /etc/pam.d/gdm

/usr/etc/gdm directory has some config files you might want to check and docs
for them should be in /usr/doc/gdm?? directory.

When I logon gdm tries to run ~/.gnomerc and if that is not found it runs
/usr/etc/gnomrc which doesn't include a windowmanager at all just
gnome-session. I added englightenment there. I tried to change the .gnomerc to
.xinitrc which has my normal startup stuff for some reason this didn't work
and
so I just edited the /usr/etc/gnomerc.

Petri