RE: modem lights

Yes,

I thought that might be the problem, but when I ran "ifup ppp0" it
reported that if had found a stale lock and removed it. The problem
persisted for a while, but a while after I sent my post, it fixed itself.

So I dont know what was causing the temporary problem. I have a suggestion
that I would like to pose everyone here.

I like setting the volume of my modem to zero with the "atm0" command so I
dont have to hear the modem connect sounds. With this setup, it would be
usefull for the modem lights to have the following characteristics:

"Main light Value"	"Event"
off			modem off
yellow			modem dialing / modem negotiating connection
green			ppp connection established

-FDS

PS I have been playing with 1.0 and it looks good. Many bugs seem to be
fixed.