Take a deep breath...

Well, now that 1.0 is out, I first want to congratulate you all. I don't
count me in as a Gnome developer because all I did were some translations you'd
have done fine without, thus I don't say `we', but nevertheless it's a great
feeling to be part of the project.

Everytime I get Gnome out again (to say the truth, normally I am not the kind
of guy who uses desktop environments very much), it looks prettier to me, and
it becomes clearer what an amazing feat this desktop is - considering it's 100%
free software makes it even greater. That's why I chose the strange subject for
this mail; I think you can really take a deep breath, look at what you're done
and be happy.

It's not perfect, and it's just a beginning, everybody knows that. Don't let the
flamers bring you down, keep the spirit alive and, as soon as you've collected
the energy to go on, keep the revisions rolling. Keep Gnome's inherent coolness,
keep the beauty of the artwork and the sheer slickness of the user interface -
short, stay on the way you've come.

Thanks go to the crowd

mawa

P.S.: But hey, anyway, when's the next gmc due? :)
      And what's this "alternative file manager project" I read about at
      Linux Weekly News - GFile?