Re: A must when virtual screen > physical screen

If you mean setting virtual screen sizes in the XFree86Config file (or
equivalent), then this is impossible.  That virtual screen code is handled
by hardware panning, and as far as the X clients can tell the screen is
the virtual size.

You can get many of benefits of virtual screens with the window manager's
virtual desktop features (and this uses less video memory, so if your X
server can handle it, that memory can be used to cache offscreen pixmaps).
This will fix up the panel and windows getting placed off screen problem.
As for manual window placement in E, maybe you should post to the E
mailing list about it.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au