Attention: Everyone who is having problems with Gnome

This is a message to all of the people who are having problems with
Gnome 1.0.

I am the unpaid, unofficial moderator in the netscape.public.mozilla.*
groups (the newsgroups for the Mozilla development effort). I direct
questions about existing Netscape products elsewhere. I don't work for
Netscape, nor have I ever worked for Netscape. When people bitch at me
for telling them to take tech support questions elsewheres, I get pissed
off. Here I am spending *my* free time helping out an effort, not
getting paid one penny, and these people have the balls to yell at me
for telling (politely) to take it elsewheres?

So, how do you think the people who program Gnome feel? Give them a
break. Tell them exactly what goes wrong and where. Don't bitch at them.
Don't load up your messages with "I hate Gnome, it sux". Don't threaten
to switch to KDE. Don't complain non-stop. Help. Fix it if you can.
Contribute. Read the documentation. Read the documentation. Read the
documentation. When you get it to work, tell others how (Write some
documentation).

Finally, read the documentation. :-)

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com