Re: WOOT!

> From: Eric Garff <egarff@aros.net>
>
> in your .xinitrc file you only need one line and that is
>
> exec gnome-session
>
> In other words remove the exec enlightenment line, gnome-session handles
> that.
>
> On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Cory Watson wrote:
>
> > OK, i finally got gnome working... but there is a little problem
> >
> > Heres my .xinitrc
> >
> > exec enlightenment
> > exec gnome-session
> >
> > and when I startx, E runs fine, but gnome doesnt work until I start a xterm
> > and type gnome-session, then I start getting output, and about 2 minutes
> > later it starts....
> >
> > any suggestions?
> >
> > Cory Watson
> > Computer Cafe Internet Services

Please tell me that gnome-session does not automatically start E.
I've downloaded and installed much of gnome 1.0 but haven't tried
"gnome-session".  I thought gnome was supposed to be WM independent.
I run fvwm - nothing personal against E (or Raster)- I'm just used to
fvwm and I don't need all the eye candy that E provides - I'd rather
have my memory and CPU cycles going for the programs I'm running.

Is E now "hard-coded" into gnome-session?

Dave