Re: Audiofile library -endedness problems?

>From: raster@redhat.com

>On  2 Mar, Mark R. Bowyer scribbled:

>->  Am I right that libaudiofile still has a problem with byte-endedness that
>->  means that esd can't handle 16-bit WAV samples still?

>hmm we have new audiofiel code in gnome cvs.. try that?

Installed latest Audiofile and esound files from the GNOME mirrore at jimpick.

  markbo@moredhel/apps/local/enlightenment/themes/ShinyMetal/snd 18 ]esdplay
  estart.wav
  audiofile.c:97: failed assertion `file->channelCount >= 1'
  Abort
  Exit 134

No banana =O(  This happens with every WAV file I throw at it.  But at least esd
itself runs OK with this library.  Next step is to see if Enlightenment and
Gnome can live with it, but right now no Gnome application works any better =O(

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk