Control Center problem

Hi,

I just installed gnome today and I'm having a problem with the control center.  When I start up gnomecc the UI comes up, but when I click on any of the options (such as "Background" for example), I get the following message:

** WARNING **: Unable reach the control-center.
Exiting...

Then nothing happens.  When I try to click somewhere else, the app seg faults.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I installed everything using the RedHat i386 RPMs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Dan

PS.  While I'm at it, I have another problem opening some apps like gqview.  The message I get is:

gqview: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Am I missing a library?