Re: CVS Enlightenment Problems

raster@redhat.com wrote:

> On  4 Mar, James M. Cape scribbled:
> ->  The following is just a small list of things that are busted or bug me:
> ->
> ->  1. When enabling sliding desktop switching, the switching always takes
> ->  place the same way: i.e. when switching from #1 to #2, it slides #2 up,
> ->  but when switching from #2 to #1, it doesn't slide #2 down out of the
> ->  way, which seems backwards to me.
>
> they always slide in.. its just the way it is.. :)
>
> ->  2. No sliding effects occur at all when switching to Desktop 0.
>
> if you can work out how to move the root window I'll have to kiss
> you... but desktop 0is the root window.. and well.. I havent' managed
> to figure out how to move it yet... :) (no - dont mention xvidtune...
> not an option)

I don't suppose making desktops like Window Maker, so *every* desktop is
the root window, and then simply running the slide effect above the root
window, is feasible?

> ->  3. The Root Menu needs to be a user-editable file in ~/.enlightenment,
> ->  and having that file editable by e-conf would be great.
>
> it is a user-editable file.
> cp /usr/share/enlightenment/configs/menus.cfg ~/.enlightenment
> and edit it.
>
> no gui to edit yet.

Well, when such a GUI does arrive, it should copy such that file over
automagically when the user changes something, since E doesn't copy it
over by default.

> ->  4. A right-click "Send to > Desktop 0[-X]" menu on the windows would be
> ->  really nice, and save a lot of time over the switch/pull/drag/pullback
> ->  method which is required now.
>
> heres a nice shortcut:
> hit titlebar for "move"
> hit
> alt-F1 or switch to another desktop and bingo window stays
> release mouse to "drop window"
> and you just moved it.
> tomove it between virtual desktops just drag to the screen edge and E
> will flip.
>
> ->  5. Backgrounds directory? I think it would be nice to have a
> ->  user-definable backgrounds directory available to be set for e-conf, so
> ->  I could have all my non-theme backgrounds in a certain directory (for
> ->  me, ~/pix/backgrounds).
>
> ~/.enlightenment/backgrounds
>
> alreayd setup )menus.cfg creates a menu by recursively scannign that
> one)

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals