Re: Got GNOME to start by changing /etc/hosts file

So you're saying that in order to start you had to set the line in
/etc/hosts to this:

127.0.0.1	localhost	tlewis

?

I think the point is that the last item shouldn't be the fully qualified
domain name so in your case it should look (something) like this:

127.0.0.1	localhost	jjlinux