Re: cvs build problems and automake/conf/etc

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 06:40:57PM -0600, jlh@geodesic.com was heard to say:
> 'cvs' based builds of any of the gnome components often
> fail due to missing '.m4' macros.  This appears to be yet
> another problem relating to multiple paths to important
> files, namely the aclocal '.m4' files.
>
> Here is a typical result from running './autogen.sh' on gtk+:

 [snip]

  The way I deal with this is to set the environment variable
ACLOCAL_FLAGS to '-I /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal' (or wherever).
(setenv on *csh..export on bash..)

  autogen.sh will use that to call aclocal..running aclocal manually you
have to pass the flag yourself.

  Daniel Burrows

--
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual
way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of