Re: How do I start GNOME without E?!

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 07:16:42PM -0800, James Ramsey was heard to say:
> Unfortunately, GNOME still didn't start, Instead I got the error
> message:
>
> SESSION_MANAGER=local/jjlinux.jwramsey:/tmp/.ICE-unix/3575,
> tcp/jjlinux.jwramsey:5302
>
> Unable to connect to server port 35091
> This generally means that the program could not talk to the esound
> server

  This is just a warning message and can safely be ignored.

  MESSAGE TO ESOUND DEVELOPERS: I think it would be a good idea to include
the above sentence in the diagnostic message, or forego the message
entirely...

  Daniel

--
  "People would panic?"
  "Very briefly, I'm afraid."

     -- The dangers of colliding with a star examined;
           Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantasic_