Re: esd problems/questions

> I have an issue with esd that I cant get around.  I play Quake2 quite a bit and
 currently I have to exit gnome (or kill esd) in order to play because esd blocks
 access the /dev/dsp.  I have been unsuccessfull at running Quake2 through esddsp
 either.  Are there any quake2 players on this list that have gotten this to work?

Try starting it with esd -as <time> where <time> is the time in
seconds before esd goes into standby mode. I haven't tried this
myself and I don't really know exactly what it does. Try it ;)

Richard