GtkICQ and panel

There seems to be a problem with GtkICQ and it being an applet -
This while running the Pixmap theme so that maybe part of the
problem
Using Gnome 1.0.0 and Gtk 1.2.0 (CVS from a couple of days ago)
when I choose Pixmap theme and then add the applet (GtkICQ) to
my panel. My panel's length like tripled in size (approx) - it takes
like half of the screen. The GtkICQ box is not even visible - but if I
'right click' the section where it is supposed to be I can 'Move
Applet' or 'Remove from Panel' - remove from panel fixes the panel
back to normal size - and I settle for the application without the
applet.