Re: File Manager

>I have a couple of questions about the GNOME file manager.  First of all, is
>there any way to turn off that ANNOYING message that comes up when using it
>as root?

No.

>Second, is there any way to close the tree hierarchy?

No, but you can drag the divider all the way to the left.

>Third, are there any plans for Internet-integration into the file manager,
>or perhaps creating a new GNOME file manager/web browser?

I really hope not. File systems are heirarchical. The web is not. Web pages
are documents. File systems are not.

The Windows Explorer/Internet Explorer integration was only conceived as an
excuse to continue bundling IE with Windows. In my opinion it sucks.

>I really hate double-clicking everything, and I don't like Netscape very
>well...

I think Mozilla (the successor to Netscape) is going to be integrated with
the Gnome help browser, which makes much more sense than integrating it with
the file manager.

Michael Rogers