Re: cvs gnome build instructions?

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Kervin wrote:

>hi there,
>
>redhat 6.0, pII350.
>
>I've just downloaded gnome-core, gnome-libs, gtk, glibs, imlib, ORBit
>from CVS, and preparing to install these packages.

>o Are there going to be install complications since my first install was
>RPMs? (if so, what special precautions must I take?)

When you configure, run:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

(If from CVS, replace ./configure with ./autogen.sh)

>o Should I uninstall gnome first? (how do I do that? rm -rf
>/usr/share/gnome ?)

I didn't. I had no problems just installing over the top.

>kervin

Tom.
   | Tom Gilbert, England                        pingu@linuxfreak.com |
   | www.tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk    tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |
   | Sites to Visit:                |    .~.                          |
   |     www.freshmeat.net          |    /V\        L  I  N  U  X     |
   |     www.gnome.org              |   // \\   >Beware the Penguin<  |
   |     www.enlightenment.org      |  /(   )\                        |
   |     themes.org                 |   ^^-^^      www.linux.com      |