An suggestion and a complaint.

The suggestion: Put the output of find(1) onto the Properties page
somewhere. Possibly also have an option for gmc to determine filetypes
with file(1).. how about going through /etc/magic and appending "MIME:
<mimetype>" to each reported file type? Submit that patch to the
maintainers of file(1) (Project GNU, I think), and that makes it even
easier for gmc (and the K filemanager, and others) to determine the file
types of files with weird/no extensions.

The complaint: The panel and the session manager need to put their heads
together occasionally. On my system, I have a swallowed wterm on the
panel. After making it, I save the session. Next time I logged in, the
panel started a copy and swallowed it, then the session-manager started a
copy. Stupid thing..