Re: gnome crashes wmaker

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 larry@marso.com wrote:
> Simple drag and drop operations in gnome continue to bring down X when
> running windowmaker, but not enlightenment.
>
> This has been the state of affairs for quite some time.
>
> Is anyone even interested?

It's not a Gnome bug. If X crashes it's an X bug, just as it's always a
kernel bug if the kernel crashes. So yes, we're interested, but we don't
have a clue how to debug the millions of lines of X code and we will leave
that to the X people.

However, if it's not X that's crashing, and you send us more details, we
will at least know if WindowMaker or Gnome is crashing. And then either
the WindowMaker or Gnome teams can deal with it. If it's a Gnome bug,
please file a report on http://bugs.gnome.org so we don't lose track of
the problem.

Havoc