Session management

Hello

When I start my Gnome session, all the programs and windows start, even
remembering the location in Netscape and the document in XEmacs,
but they all open on the first virtual desktop rather than being spread
out over the four as they were when I logged out.

Is there any way to ensure that the desktop location is kept?  I tried
selecting the 'All Attributes' setting in the Remember State pop-up
menu but it didn't seem to make any difference.

This is on a RH6 system with the latest Gnome RPMs from Rawhide.

Thanks,

Adam Huffman