Memory leak in Ui-Properties Capplet?

It happened about a month ago but at the time I was using a really really
old version of control-centre but I checked out tonights CVS of it and
Ui-Properties still ends up using all my memory.
here's the relevant line from ps aux:
iain       750 24.0 57.1 131692 72940 tty1   D    00:15   0:08
ui-properties --c
The hard drive thrashes about wildly and the only way to stop it is to do
kill -9.
I've had a quick glance at the code (being the wannabe hackertype that I
am), but I can't see anything that would cause this.
I'm hoping that I'm reading the ps output right, or I'm going to look a bit
silly.
iain