gmc never ceases to amaze

I am very impressed.  For the heck of it I tried to drop a file from
gmc on to an icon on the WindowMaker clip.  I'll be darned if it
didn't work.  I thought WindowMaker used a different DnD protocol.

On a more sobering note, I can't find a way to start a gmc window from
the commandline.  Typing "gmc /usr", for instance, gives me a new
window with my home directory, not the /usr directory.  I'd really
like to do this so that I can start windows with various directories
from the WindowMaker menu.  Is there a way to do this?

Using standard Red Hat 6.0 install with updated rpms from
ftp.inconnect.com. (i.e. gmc 4.5.33).  WindowMaker 0.60 from rpms.

Thanks in advance,
Tom