Re: Text processor

Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> writes:

>         The editor reads and writes SGML (or XML, if you prefer) in
>         DTDs it knows about; it rejects anything it doesn't recognise
[...]

That's exactly how I was thinking it should be done.  It upsets me
whenever I use a program with a proprietary format, because I end up
having to use different apps for different formats.  With Emacs (or
another program) understanding many different formats, you fall into
the delightful state of learning a single program very well, and using
it for the next decade or two.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - Looking for a job in Long Island!
Check http://rescomp.wustl.edu/~ats/ for a resume.