Re: Don't overlook Simplicity.

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9906171356000.21592-100000@sunrise.windsofstorm.n
et>,
 Nathan Clemons writes:
cc:  gnome-list@gnome.org, recipient list not shown: ;
> Since when did you purchase GNOME?
>
> Sorry, just had to ask that.

Read my statement again. What I would have said explicitly was I make no
demands on free software, however I demand both from software I purchase.

> There comes a time when you, in the course of writing an application,
> have to decide if it is an important feature or excess bloat. Making
> things for the average DAU can very quickly lead to bloat.

I don't believe we were speaking of feature vs bloat.

> It's a fine line that you have to tread, but the fact remains: power or
> simplicity? In the end, one must come over the other. Maybe not in this
> version or the next, but eventually there always comes the decision.

I still maintain you can have both ease of use and power.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com             |
| Gnome certainly is (serious competition to the Mac or Windows) |
| ... I get a charge out of seeing the X Window System work the  |
| way we intended..." - Jim Gettys                               |