Re: gtcd / mounting problems

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Olaf [iso-8859-1] Grüttner wrote:

> i try to use gtcd but it complains about mounting problems.
>
> the thing is, i cannot mount music cds, but other cds like with
> text or programs mount just fine.
>
> what do i have to pay attention to?
> i normally mount cds on /cdrom and not something like
> /mnt/cdrom . could this be the mistake?
>
> any clues are welcome

In short, you *don't* mount music CDs. You just put them in the drive and
start the player.

If you have some kind of "automount" program running (probably not), it
might be causing the problem.

If you are trying to play the CD by putting it in the drive and
double-clicking the CD icon on your desktop (like one can do in Win95),
well, that Doesn't Do Any Good. Put the CD in the drive, then hunt down
gtcd in the menus and click on it.

And to bring this back on topic, this issue is probably one for the
documentation. Since I don't like Win95 AutoPlay, I won't suggest we
implement it.

Tim Allen