Re: Memory Leaks and fixing them

I've written tools which automatically augment your code to
track memory leaks, pinpointing specifically where in your
source code the memory is being allocated, and whether any
memory is remaining allocated between "begin-checkpoint" and
"end-checkpoint" pairs.

It also ensures that vectorered and non-vectorered new and
delete calls are paired appropriately, looks for variance in the
creation and deletion points of memory within classes and a slew
of other C++isms which could easily be ripped out if C is
desired.

Does a tool like this already exist in open source? If not,
would a party be interested in helping an OSS neophyte put this
in a form appropriate for redistribution?