Re: GNOME has a major memory hole somewhere.

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Tom Gilbert wrote:

Thanks to everyone who replied. Upon further inspection, much of that 95%
is indeed cache/buffer space, which I suppose is not so ridiculous. I
found it particularly strange because the amount of memory being used upon
bootup of GNOME seems to vary so wildly, despite carrying about the same
load of programs each time - sometimes only 70% or so of the memory is
being used for something or other. (This was what led me to think there
might be a memory hole.) Oh, and I have 80M on my system.

- Bill