Re: GNOME has a major memory hole somewhere.

On 14 Jun, William R Pentney banged into a keyboard:
> Or so it would seem. I can check available memory, open up an xterm, close
> it, and then check the available memory again, and it has decreased by
> anywhere from 4 to 100 or so bytes.
>
> There's probably more than that, too. There's absolutely no reason I
> can think of why GNOME and IceWM should take up 95% of my system memory
> when nothing else is open. (I should also note that when I run GNOME
> with Enlightenment, about 95% of the memory is also used; isn't
> Enlightenment supposed to carry a significantly heavier load than
> IceWM?) Any suggestions/comments?
>
> - Bill
>

> --
Enlightenments "Heavy memory foot print" is a FUD attack. Enlightenmnet
with a good theme uses less memory then most WMs I have used.

I don't want to start a flame war so I won't say which ones they are...
--

the PQBON <Will Deutsch>

I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a
fundamental error.  Be thankful you are not my student.  You would not get a
high grade for such a design :-)
(Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds)

http://www.slashdot.org/