Re: guppi problem

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Thomas R. Shannon wrote:

> My thanks to both of you.  I got it to compile last night.
>
> All things considered, I think this is really promising.  I like the
> windows programs that I use for plotting and analyzing data but
> anything that keeps me from the evermore time-consuming task of
> rebooting into NT is a great stride.  As it is, I can certainly use it
> to plot data for lab notebooks, etc...

Excellent!

Some stuff to try: create the debug data from the Debug menu (or import
some data), then create an XY plot with a scatter layer, then open the
Toolbox; each tool works with the left mouse button right now. Some of
them, such as the Brush tool, require you to set a non-default marker in
the Marker Palette dialog which is on the menu. Also there's the layers
properties dialog and the axis properties dialog.

> It should be even more powerful in combination with gnumeric.  Which
> brings me to another point.  During the configure the program said
> that I have Bonobo but "I am too brain dead to find it at this point"
>:).  I thought bonobo was still only in CVS.  Should I have it?

It is still only in CVS, you probably don't have it. The configure script
is a bit brain-damaged in this respect, as it happily concedes. :-)

The Bonobo frontend doesn't do a whole lot right now, so you aren't
missing anything.

Havoc