Re: Changing panel background? (impossible?)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Jon Craig wrote:

->How do you change the panel background graphic independent of a theme?
->
->If I change themes, the panel background changes to the theme-defined one,
->but if I either drag a graphic from the file manager (as suggested in the
->FAQ) or use the right-click "Background Settings" menu, I get "I've detected
->another panel already running, start a new one as well? (The new panel will
->not be restarted)".  If I answer Yes I get the same panel as before, if I
->answer No the panel vanishes altogether.  This seems to be a bit more
->trouble than it should be just to change a background!  What am I missing?
->
->This is a stock install of GNOME/Enlightenment right off the RedHat 6.0 CDs.

My advice?

1) Go to
ftp://ftp.inconnect.com/pub/unix/linux/redhat-6.0/contrib-updates/

2) Upgrade Gnome-core, Gnome-libs, problem goes away.

:-)

   | Tom Gilbert, England                        pingu@linuxfreak.com |
   | www.tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk    tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |
   | Sites to Visit:                |    .~.                          |
   |     www.freshmeat.net          |    /V\        L  I  N  U  X     |
   |     www.gnome.org              |   // \\   >Beware the Penguin<  |
   |     www.enlightenment.org      |  /(   )\                        |
   |     themes.org                 |   ^^-^^      www.linux.com      |