can't logout from gnome-session

Very strange problem indeed, and it just started a couple of days ago:

I am using RH6.0 with gnome stuff that is included in this distribution.
The first time I log in to gnome-session (from gdm), after the computer
boots up, takes enormous amount of time (about a minute), and I can't log
out, but have to manually kill gnome-session. Subsequent logins are fast and
I can log out using panel menu.
The weird thing is that I have happily used this system for about a month
now and the problem started to appear a couple of days ago. Is it a known
problem ?

J. Marcin Gorycki
 <mailto:mgo@olicom.dk> mgo@olicom.dk