Re: enlightenment menus interfere with gnome menus

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Richard Hult wrote:

->
->> Using the CVS version of Gnome & Enlightenment, when you press the left
->> mouse button on the desktop, you get an enlightenment menu. How can you
->> turn this menu off ? It is very annoying if you use Gnome as well. I
->> found out that it is not theme-related, and I also couldn't configure it
->> in e-conf.
->------------------HILITE----------------------
->I believe this is a bug in enlightenment. There is a workaround, though:
->------------------HILITE----------------------
->Copy the file <prefix>/enlightenment/config/keybindings.cfg to
->~/.enlightenment/ and edit it to remove the actions that are bound to
->button 1 and 3.
->
->Hope it helps
->Richard

How can you call this a bug??? If you examine the keybindings.cfg file,
you will see that someone has *very deliberately* assigned those menus to
those mouse buttons. Its quite rude to call this a bug and then credit
yourself with a "workaround". That file is a configuration file for
enlightenment, changing an option in it is *not* a workaround.
Not everyone who runs enlightenment also runs a gmc desktop... Please bear
this in mind before throwing "bug" accusations around!

(There are enough real bugs in e to worry about and fix!)

--
     | Tom Gilbert, England                   pingu@linuxfreak.com   |