Re: Terminal Transparency

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Andreas Persenius wrote:

> Quoting Miguel de Icaza (miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx):
> > > OK, here's me in WindowMaker, got a nice WM theme running with background.
> > > So run gnome-terminal and select transparency. Only nothing heppens.
> >
> > Use the gnome control center to set the background or use esetroot.
> > Both of these programs allow applications to get access to the
> > background pixmap.
> >
> > The gnome-terminal when using the "background" option will query the
> > server for a property that points to the background.  If your
> > background-setting application does not set this property there is no
> > way you can get this to work.
>
> I'm using Window Maker 0.53 and here it works just fine with the
> background disabled in the Gnome control center. I am setting the
> background using the Window Maker menu, which in turn calls wmsetbg.

Well that's just *bizarre*. Having just read the other replies and given
up hope, I read yours and ran Gnome-Terminal once more to see what could
be done to produce the effect. Would you believe it, it now works first
time. I didn't change a thing, except upgrade from gnome-core-1.0.5 to
gnome-core-1.0.6. Also using gnome-libs-1.0.10 fwiw.

So did core-9-10 change anything regarding this matter or is it simply a
fluke?

-- James Green
http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/
Home of the demon.tech.modems 56k FAQ.