Re: End of the past... things to come...

E was never GNOME's window manager.  There is an interface that any window
manager can implement.  The interface is modular so a wm does not need to
implement all of it in one go.

There are a number of window managers that implement the interface, so
it is not like E is the only wm that is gnome compliant.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/